The Domestic Violence and Family Support Program at Northside Connect includes both a generalist and specialist support service open to members of the community living in the north Brisbane region
Seeking assistance with difficult life circumstances including domestic and/or family violence, sexual violence, relationship and family breakdown.
Please call (07) 3260 6820 to discuss or send through a confidential enquiry to receive a call back from our team at a time that is safe for you.
If you are in immediate danger, please call ‘000’
Our counselling service is open to anyone who is experiencing life stressors that are significantly impacting them. The counselling is by appointment only.
If we are unable to provide you with an appointment, we will refer you to other counselling and support services.
Our Solicitor can provide legal advice to women regarding domestic violence and family law matters and referrals to other legal services if required. The service is by appointment only.
To obtain legal advice, you must provide the following information:
• Provide photographic identification i.e. Driver’s License or Passport
• Complete a Client Intake Form complete with “Other Party’s” details and a brief description of your matter
• Provide any relevant paperwork which could assist our staff with your matter
Please note: Men who require assistance on Domestic Violence and Family Law matters can be assisted through the generalist Legal Service
Journeys is a free, confidential eight-week group program for women who have experienced violence and/or other forms of abuse in their intimate relationships. This group is facilitated by two specialist workers experienced in domestic violence and combines therapeutic and educational components.
The group addresses issues including:
• The impact of violence & abuse on women and children
• Safety for both women & children
• Personal strengths and resourcefulness Community Awareness Projects