This 6-week experiential training program will provide you the opportunity to build your skills, knowledge, and confidence in the facilitation process of running a domestic family violence and therapeutic group. All participants are required to co-facilitate a component during the program providing you with hands on experience to enhance your facilitation skills specific to this area. Please note: Attendance is required for all 6 sessions of the program. The training will cover:
• Group preparation, development, and structure
• Underpinning frameworks for domestic family violence women’s groups
• Building connections and a sense of belonging
• Leadership and co-facilitation roles in domestic violence groups
• Managing conflict and challenging group dynamics
• Diversity and intersectionality in groups
• Evaluating and finishing groups Participants will be provided with a Journeys Program Manual.
The training is facilitated by Lisa Berlin, an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker at Northside Connect. Lisa has been facilitating our Journey’s support program for over 20 years. Spaces are limited.
Please contact us today to enquire about our next available session.